Pollen, from trees, grass, and weeds contain soluble allergens which can dissolve through the mucosa linings of the respiratory system and cause common allergy symptoms, like rhinitis, i.e. a runny, itchy, sneezy nose!
This is MISERABLE for those who suffer from pollen allergies. The best way to help shots and other allergy medicine is to avoid your exposure! While medication might be necessary, avoidance can lessen the severity and frequency of your symptoms.
Here are some tips on how to avoid pollen exposure:
- Wash your hair before bed after a day spent outdoors
- Dont hang clothing and bedding out to dry
- Have someone cut your grass – (see any friendly neighbors?)
- Keep your car window closed while driving
- Close home windows and turn on the AC
- Stay indoors between 5am-10am when airborne count is highest or on especially dry, windy days.
(As seen in Harvard Health Report)